Thursday, April 26, 2012

So good



I believe I have listened to this song probably 4 or 5 times today while I have plugging away at my many projects and tests.  This version specifically of this song is just filled with the presence of God: beautiful.
I don't have time to share anything else, but listen to this song my brothers and sisters!



Oh and check out this ministry:
http://passiontoaction.org
Their heart for the Father is truly inspiring.  They came on campus this whole week and I've gotten to speak with Jay and Beth and hear their stories.  It has seriously rocked my world.
If you don't have time to go to the website I will try to summarize.  They were living the American dream: big nice house, spending money on what they want and ignoring the poverty surrounding them.  They went to a missions trip to Africa with their family ( parents and four kids) and had their world's rocked.  They knew that the Africans had something they didn't: joy and life.  Even with all their stuff they were lacking the joy and life that those that had nothing had.  So they repented and asked God for direction.  He led them to live in in an RV and travel around the country to do service projects and spread the message of bringing passion to action.  Now I just met this family, but how amazing is it that their whole family is devoting their lives to serving others.  Their hearts are so pure and surrendering to Him, I just can't imagine their children not being changed in a really good and healthy way.  It has inspired me to think differently about family and about what I want for my life.

Okay so maybe I did have more to say.

-Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment