Saturday, April 7, 2012

What a Priceless Gift

Can you believe it's already Easter break?! Time really does fly by. I don't have many life altering things to share, but I am in the mood to write so I thought I would post. School is almost done for the year and I will officially have one more year left of college! That baffles my mind - once again I am amazed at how fast life goes by. And in the mist of the second hand moving around the twenty four hours in a day so many things change.

Right now I have finished my first pre-student teaching experience. It was a beautiful time in my life that I won't ever forget. I have some unit plans to conquer...uh yeah. I am working at my schools phonathon to get some extra cash. This cash is to save by the way...and I am trying to stick to that. I have applied at a restaurant and hopefully I will get that so that I can stay in the cities for the summer. That way I can save up for a car! I need a car!

That's like a snapshot of the last few months of my life. Now to take a closer look in lets talk about last night. Oh last night. Yesterday I knew that we were going to a Good Friday Service with my mom and her friends, because that's something that we have been doing for a few years now. That day I had been telling God how I really wanted to just go to a service that focused on Jesus and what He did. That's it; no glitz, no glam, no distractions - just Jesus. Well God really answered that prayer and I got to experience a night of reflective worship and watch a clip of the passion. I was just in awe. I had no words, but only tears and I still feel that way. Jesus is SO good and what He has done for us is crazy. To give you an idea of what I experienced I need to tell you about the other night at the phonathon.

At the phonathon we call alumni to verify information, talk with them about Northwestern (their experience and ours) and then ask them if they would like to walk along side us financially to contribute to the northwestern fund that helps lower tuition. Am I convincing you too?! ;-P. Anyway I called this man and started out with our base price of $120. I guess he had already gotten something in the mail and in a more quite voice he said "well I was actually thinking of giving $500." ...I was in awe. I was not expecting him to give that much and I simply was grateful.

This mans giving is a speck of sand in comparison to what Jesus has done for us. But it created the same reaction in me. I see Jesus' sacrifice as something so small most of the time and I don't expect the immense gift that He has to give me. But last night I had no words - what I asked Him for was so small in comparison to what He gave me. This is just what I have been brought back to ever since last night and I pray that I would continually be brought back to it and be broken by it. His love, grace, and sacrifice...there are just no words. Someone said that what He did for us deserves our whole lives. I get that and I agree.

Loving Father
May I never stop remembering what you have done for me. May what Jesus did for me continue to change my heart, my mind and move me toward you.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment