Wednesday, April 11, 2012

WARNING: this post has some passion in it. Be aware.

Can I step up on my soap box for a minute? The youth of our nation and specifically the youth that are growing up in the church NEED to have Jesus as their foundation. They need to know that they are loved, seen, known by others but it's not an earthly love - it's a love that can only come from the heart of Jesus Christ.

On our own we can do NOTHING. We are like dust:

"For he knows how weak we are;
he remembers we are only dust.
15 Our days on earth are like grass;
like wildflowers, we bloom and die.
16 The wind blows, and we are gone—
as though we had never been here.
17 But the love of the Lord remains forever."
-Psalm 103:14-17 (NLT)

The love of the Lord remains forever - that is what I need. That is what ever human being needs. And the youth they need it. I am convicted to find that myself, to only give that kind of love and to see others do the same.

I am not talking about legalism. I am talking about caring for others by showing them what is powerful and lasting (His word) and who the love comes from (Jesus Christ).

Alright that is all. I am off my soapbox and on to bed.

Father God,
Please open our hearts and eyes to how powerful and real you are.
Show us that without you we have NOTHING and with you we have ALL THINGS.
In Jesus name
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment