Tuesday, April 5, 2011

"God is great, God is good & we thank Him for this food"


For one of my classes I have to volunteer 30 hours at somewhere other than a school where I am working with youth. I am volunteering at a Christian Daycare called Metro Kids. It is a block away from the metrodome. I think I shared a little about this already, but seriously I love it!!! I just love being with these pre-schoolers. No it's not easy, but It's so fun to encourage them and to just have fun with them. To make crafts with them, learn about the planets and hear them pray. We eat breakfast together at the beginning of the morning and sing "God is great, God is good & we thank Him for this food, we gotta thank Him in the morning, noon and night, our God our God is outa sight amen 'chi chi chi chi chi chi' amen 'chi chi chi chi chi chi' amen" aahhh It is so fun! And then today we got to go outside with them at the play ground and I just got to push them in their swings and watch the other ones run around and be freeeeeee! It was great! I said to one of the girls "Are you having fun?!" and she was just laughing and looked back at me with a smile and said "yes!" Maybe this isn't as exciting for some of you, but most of the these kids don't come from the greatest families whether it is socio economically or because they live in a single parent home. To see them have fun, feel nurtured and get the attention that they need is just my joy. Children bring me joy! ahhh it's good.

So go be with children - they are wonderful!

-Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment