Wednesday, December 9, 2009

WAITING. & RELEASING JOY.

Philippians 3:12-15 (The Message)

Focused on the Goal
12-14I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

15-16So let's keep focused on that goal, those of us who want everything God has for us. If any of you have something else in mind, something less than total commitment, God will clear your blurred vision—you'll see it yet! Now that we're on the right track, let's stay on it.

I would say that in my walk with Jesus[which by the way just saying that is exciting! ..what a privilege]...my vision has been skewed. How I have seen myself has been based off of how I think God sees me..but the problem is I haven't thought God sees me much - ridiculous i know, but sadly true. And honestly i'm not positive but i think that's why i have a lot more rebellion in my than i thought i did. I am just seeing how much my desires don't mach up with God's desires. So right now, I am waiting...for God to break me - to "clear my blurred vision," change my hear to one that desires what he desires-- desires him.
Oddly enough, as i am in this place i am at peace and have joy - what else can i do? well i could throw a pity party, drench myself in condemnation, or sit on my bum and dive into more rebellion...but i really don't feel like getting myself into that kind of mess.
So i just keep on asking - God would you change my desires? I know i am called to live a radical life for you, no not a "Christian Life" because honestly what is that? I am called to live saturated in God's love and obedient to his spirit.

I think that's why I am so excited...i'm ready for it to happen! I am ready to be broken so that i can enter into God's presence. I am ready to know my Papa the way i should as a daughter <3

This blog i feel is a commitment and later on i can look back and say hey God IS good and HAS changed my desires.

I am waiting...

No comments:

Post a Comment