Thursday, May 23, 2013

Graduation

On March 13th I wrote the following:

"I think that when college graduation comes around, grad. candidates feel pressure to keep moving in a pressure-filled way.  I know that I do.  There's this unspoken rule that one needs to accomplish something just as great, if not greater, than the four years of studying at a college.  So doing something that would seem to fit into the "college years" category doesn't satisfy.  So many of my good friends have told me that life after graduation is very hard.  I wonder if that pressure to fulfill all the dreams one had in college once they graduate has made that season of life hard.  I'm unsure, and really it could be a number of things that make it hard.
Life after graduation doesn't need to look a certain way.  It just gets to be what it is, and dreams get to be dreams.  They get to be pursued without pressure.  Passions get to be ignited in unexpected and expected ways.  Desires get to be fulfilled, yet not.  In the midst of it ALL, God is still God and is always good."
 
Life after graduation doesn't need to look a certain way.  I need to hear those words again.  If you are at this same season in life, or a season of unknown maybe these words are helpful to you too.  I graduated College...woah.  I'm working at Trout again this summer and after that...I don't know.  One thing I do know is that God knows.  It's been my simple prayer over these past couple months: God Knows.  

No comments:

Post a Comment