Monday, August 12, 2013

To Be or Not To Be

Lately I have been experiencing the quality of life that I can have by being in the moment.  For the past two weeks that I have been home I have been resting, at the same time taking time to study for the MTLE.  There have been fragments of my days when I've been able to BE in the moment, but as much as I have rested I have not chosen to be.  I am very grateful to my Father for His gentle reminders to BE in the moment.

There is a difference between just "going through the motions" and truly being in the moment.  I've found that television is one of the greatest thieves of taking me out of the moment.  I'm not saying that television is bad -- in fact I really enjoy it.  Here's what I am saying: BEING in the moment is so much better.  

Sitting on a bench, eating more ice cream than our stomachs can hold






Making a beautiful salad






watching a sunset




walking through a park as locals show off their artistic ability through chalk




seeing my best friend get married



I find that my heart is much more grateful to God for who He is, because I'm actually LIVING.

What does it look like for you to truly LIVE?  To be in the moment?  Do you need to jump into some ice cold water just to know that you can feel something?  Maybe you need to go for a run and take every tree, every cloud, every shadow in.  You might just need to get some ice cream with your mom...Well whatever it looks like to experience all that God has given us, do it!  

-Jamie


No comments:

Post a Comment