Saturday, August 6, 2011

"A Noble Warrior Does Not Run From Fear"

The child of God Papa has created me to be does not live in fear. The daughter, so loved by Papa, lives with an adventurous and trusting heart. No matter how small or fragile I may feel I am strong because of Jesus: Not out of my own strength, but out of depending on Him. When I look at this picture of Reepicheep from Narnia this is what is stirred in my heart. He is expectant. Nothing holds him back. He sees life as an adventure, and even when troubles arise he sees the good. He is also there for those that others may be annoyed by.
The word noble fits him so well. He lives with honor because he keeps his heart set on the one who made him and takes great joy in him. Reepicheep knows he is safe, even when his circumstances would like to tell him otherwise. As I was beginning this post, I was listening to the song "Always" by Kristian Stanfill. At the same time I was looking at this picture and felt as if these were the words that may be going through Reepicheep's head:
"I will not fear His promise is true, my God will come through always."

I pray that I would become more and more like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment